Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Random Post Wednesday!

The Wilsonville Water Park
This was actually our 2nd trip to the water park this year...last week's trip was a complete disaster so I didn't take any pictures. When I met some friends there last week, Brayden was scared to go in the water and Sienna was stuck in the backpack where she ended up falling asleep...probably because it was so HOT! Fortunately for me, she still took a short nap later that afternoon. This week Grandma Boley came with us so that both kids could play in the water. Sienna went right into the water and once again, Brayden was scared! Last year he had fun at the water park the 2 times that we went (July 2007 & August 2007) so my only theory is that he's still scared of the water from a few weeks ago when he fell face first into the water at the West Linn water park. Hopefully if we keep going to the park enough times he'll warm up to it again. At least he still loves his baths!

Sienna had fun playing with some random toy boats...And then she found the fountains!
After a few minutes Sienna became bored with the fountains and decided to see what else the park had to offer...

I must say that Brayden did do better with the water during this visit. He started out standing in the shallowest water, which was a step up from our last visit when he wouldn't even touch the water.
After carrying Brayden around for awhile he finally decided that it wouldn't be so bad to touch the fountain. So I held him upside down so he could reach it (he still wouldn't let me put him down). After that he decided to have some fun standing on all of the fountains! He would occasionally walk between the fountains (other times I carried him) and he'd let go of my hand just long enough for me to get a picture. What surprised me the most was that he wasn't scared of the fountains...he was more scared of the very shallow running water.
So this isn't the best picture, but I guess I can't be too picky when I finally manage to get in a picture with both of my babies!
Brayden was interested in checking out everything that didn't have to do with the water...he found these interesting chairs to play on with Grandma!
Sienna really enjoyed the water but as with all things, she quickly became bored so we headed back to our blanket and relaxed while the kids filled up on fishy crackers. Hopefully the next trip will be even more fun! Thanks for coming with us, Grandma!

Our Little Monkey
The kids' new picnic table has become a new playground for Sienna. As soon as we get outside, she heads directly for the table. She climbs right up to the top of the table and sits! I can't even keep track of how many times she's fallen off...luckily she hasn't had any serious injuries!
To Share or Not to Share?
Sienna got this cool bubble mower for her birthday and they both love it. Well, Sienna loves it when Brayden lets her play with it!
As you can see, Brayden isn't very good about sharing with Sienna...he'd rather sit on it so that no one can play with it! Oh, boy!
The Office
As I mentioned in a previous post, we've worked pretty hard to turn our previous office and recent junk room into a mini-playroom. It still needs some work but now Brayden has his own TV (he gets to watch a 20 minute show when he wakes up in the morning and another one after his nap) and now the kids have separate rooms they can play in...as if Sienna would ever let that happen! ha! Now that the newness has worn off for the kids (it's been a whole week and a half!!!), they aren't playing in the room very often. Although, occasionally I'll catch Sienna in there sitting on the CARS sofa reading a book. These pictures were taken a couple of days after they were given access to the new room...

Fun with aquadoodles!
When the kids first started playing in the office, they discovered a new toy...Chris' old keyboard! The keyboard kept them busy for days, but it's old news now...I don't remember the last time I saw them play with it!

0 comments: